Than go to a consolidated school. I get the cornfield late. But reading this makes me think. Are food stamps that easy to get?
Than go to a consolidated school. I get the cornfield late. But reading this makes me think. Are food stamps that easy to get?
GO VOLS
I guess if she wants to drop out, that's her own idiotic choice. Maybe then the harsh reality of life after high school will hit her harder than any school change ever will.
Officially retired
Buh-Bye!
If and when they consolidate that girl will be out of high school. She want have to drop out LOL
GO DAWGS!!!!!
[img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]
I heard that on the WCSS TV channel and I thought then that if that was my child, I would bust her ass for saying something so idiotic.
Im with ya cdawg. Kid needs a good whoopin.
Im from Big Stone, but I work in Appy and asked a few of my coworkers the other day about the consolidation and they all say they are sending their kids to Norton. Their reason: "people from PV are stuckup rich a-holes" I proceeded to remind them I was from Big Stone and went to PV...but they seem to think I am the only different one.
Why question is...why do most people from Appy think people from Big Stone are rich and/or stuckup? My family is definately not rich and I'd like to think I'm not stuckup in any way. In fact, I dont even remember anyone I went to school with that I would consider "rich". As for the stuckups...they are at every school, PV and Appy both. Its called High school, i dont give a crap where you are there are the stuckups, the jocks, the nerds, etc...
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
Alot of times its the parents thinking the people from PV are stuck up, most of the kids know each other and have alot of friends from different schools.
I think it is that people from Appy have stereotyped not only the folks from Big Stone Gap, but themselvels also. I grew up in Derby and I think I have a pretty good perception from both sides since I have live in Big Stone since 1992.
While going to Appy, I always thought that people from Big Stone "looked" down on the lowly coal miner kids while they always seemed to have more than we did. Since living in Big Stone Gap, I have learned it was only an illusion. Hell, the coal camp kids thought the same thing about people from Appy when I was growing up. All an illusion.
Bookmarks